Salary: £24,480 - £26,480 per annum
Job title: Student Mentor / Support Worker
Hours: 8.30-4.30 or 9.00-5.00 Monday to Friday
Location: Gosport & the Surrounding areas
Start Date: ASAP
As Student Mentor you will work directly with young people, helping them to build life skills, develop healthy relationships and make decisions that are right for them.
* Mentors are often involved in supporting and setting up projects, always ensuring safeguarding and support of students.
* Communicating with families including parents, guardians and carers as required Mentor specialism:
* Multi trade / Music skills / PSHE backgrounds desirable although other skills will also be considered. While these roles are full time, they can consider different working patterns. Typical responsibilities include:
* Support the operational team in the delivery of young people sessions
* Lead sessions where appropriate ensuring correct staff ratios for all groups during the day
* Working with students, parents, carers and commissioners ensure good lines of communication throughout
* Assist the wider Operational team in all safeguarding of students during workshop and classroom activities
* Setting up and running projects within a framework
* Mentoring vulnerable young people Key skills:
* Organisational skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* The ability to encourage and inspire others
* Assist the Operational team in all safe management of all outdoor activities.
* To work with students 1:1 and leading groups on classroom, workshop, and outdoor activities
* Supporting students with managing low level mental health and offering strategies to support them
* To promote a student-centred approach.
Qualifications and education requirements (desirable but not essential as training will be given):
* Annual safeguarding for school staff KCSIE 2021
* Conflict de-escalation in a school setting
* MIDAS minibus driver’s accreditation
* Safeguarding and protecting children L1
* Foundation and Safety, Rescue Training (FSRT)
* RYA (or equivalent) first aid training
* Mental Health first aider Benefits:
* Additional leave
* Casual dress
* On-site parking
* Wellness programme
The Benefits of working with Humly:
- Paid weekly
- No costly Umbrella companies
- Complete control over the days that you wish to work. Manage your own diary
- Free Safeguarding training
- An industry leading online portal and app, which allows you to see and accept bookings as they come in, update your calendar, complete timesheets and receive directions all in one place!
Because we empower educators.
Through our digital platform, you'll choose when, where, and how much you work – without the traditional hassles of supply agencies. And since we work with thousands of schools and nurseries, we offer you higher day rates and so much more.
We have immediate openings for daily, short and long-term roles. And you can easily register, upload documents, and complete your interview from anywhere. Join us, and discover how we're making nursery nurses and teachers as important as the job itself.
We're on a mission to revolutionise supply education.
Our digital platform empowers every educator to find all the jobs that fit them – on their terms. Tap into our world of opportunities within Nursery, Primary, Secondary, SEN and Tuition.
We became Sweden's market leader the same year we started. And in 2020, we brought that same passion, digital expertise, and success over to the UK. It's an exciting time for education recruitment, and we've only scratched the surface.
We connect educators with schools and nurseries – directly, instantly, and without traditional hassles, and have already facilitated over 9,000 bookings to date.
Apply for the Supply Teacher role with your CV