Early Years Teacher
As an Early Years Teacher (EYT), your aim is to motivate children and use resources imaginatively to help them learn up to the age of 5 years. You'll provide a safe and secure environment for them to develop their social and communication skills, while recording observations and summarising their achievements.
You will create activities using the Early Years Foundation Stage. You will plan, deliver and assess the children using this framework.
Hours - Full time 8:30am-4pm Monday to Friday (Term time only)
Length of contract - 9 month maternity cover
Salary - negotiable
As an Early Years Teacher, you'll need to:
- Motivate and stimulate a child's learning abilities, often encouraging learning through experience
- Provide pastoral care and support to children within a secure learning environment
- Assist with the development of a child's personal, social, language and physical coordination abilities
- Develop and produce visual aids and teaching resources
- Encourage mathematical and creative development through stories, songs, games, drawing and imaginative play
- Help children develop curiosity and knowledge
- Work with others, including teaching assistants and nursery nurses as well as volunteer helpers, to plan and coordinate work both indoors and outdoors
- Share knowledge gained with other practitioners and build and maintain relationships with parents
- Observe, assess and record each child's progress
- Ensure the health and safety of children and staff is maintained during all activities, both inside and outside the setting
- Attend staff meetings and staff training days
- Keep up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice.
- Daily salary
- 120 - 130
- Start Date
We are on a mission to empower every eligible educator with total control in their hands.
Humly is a company made for teachers, by teachers. And that’s where our story begins.
In 2015 our founders, Kristoffer Persson and Gustav Bild-Tofftin, were university students supplementing their incomes as supply educators. Along the way, they realised the business of supply education was backward. It didn't value the most important part of it – educators.
And so they built a better way. They built a revolutionary digital marketplace that empowers educators with full-career control while also simplifying and improving how schools and nurseries connect with the best educators.
Today, Humly is the market leader in Sweden and a dynamic, growing force within the UK.
Tomorrow? Who knows.
We're still just getting started.
Already working at Humly?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.