HLTA with SEN experience !
Humly are looking for a Level 4 HLTA with experience of working with children with autism for a maternity cover placement from Monday 4th September 2023 until about May/June 2024 to work peripatetically in primary and secondary schools across Gateshead as part of the High Incidence Needs Team (team of specialist teachers, HLTAs and TAs who work with children and young people in schools and settings in the areas of ASC, SEMH, SLCN and Cognition & Learning difficulties).
Experience as follows:
- Higher-Level Teaching Assistant Standards (Level 4) or hold an equivalent qualification.
- Experience of working in Reception/Year 1
- Ideally experience will include working with children and/or young people with complex social communication difficulties/autism to support their access and inclusion. This will include devising, planning and delivering successful 1:1 and group activities, including emotional regulation approaches.
- Understanding of impact of complex social communication difficulties/autism upon aspects of learning and language development and access to the curriculum and have knowledge of the range of appropriate strategies and approaches.
- Experience of working independently and as part of a team.
- Effective use of ICT to support learning is essential along with excellent Literacy and communication skills.
- Experience of report writing, coaching and modelling to staff
- Requirement to work flexibly across Gateshead and travel independently to settings or have access to mobility support.
Hours of work would be 37 per week.
- Daily salary
- 90 - 110
- Start Date
We are on a mission to empower every eligible educator with total control in their hands.
Humly is a company made for teachers, by teachers. And that’s where our story begins.
In 2015 our founders, Kristoffer Persson and Gustav Bild-Tofftin, were university students supplementing their incomes as supply educators. Along the way, they realised the business of supply education was backward. It didn't value the most important part of it – educators.
And so they built a better way. They built a revolutionary digital marketplace that empowers educators with full-career control while also simplifying and improving how schools and nurseries connect with the best educators.
Today, Humly is the market leader in Sweden and a dynamic, growing force within the UK.
Tomorrow? Who knows.
We're still just getting started.
Already working at Humly?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.