Salary: £11.68 per hour
Job title: Support Worker in SEN schools
Hours: Full and part time hours available, Monday to Friday
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Contract: Ongoing supply opportunities (potentially leading to a permanent contract)
Start Date: Immediately
- Are you an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant or Learning Support Assistant and keen to work in schools with children with Special Educational Needs?
- Do you have experience working within the care sector, supporting individuals with learning difficulties and medical needs?
- Would you like to work Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.30am-3.30pm - NO WEEKENDS AND EVENINGS?
If the answer is YES to any of these questions, Humly would love to help!
We are currently recruiting individuals who have a passion to work with young people between the ages of 2-19 years who have a variety of moderate, severe and complex learning needs. Your care experience will enable you to understand their requirements, and help you to support them in a fun and nurturing school environment.
Some of the specialist skills required include: Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Autism (ASD), Asperger syndrome, and/or Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties (BESD).
You will work as part of a very close team to help to support pupils on a 1-2-1 basis or sometimes in small groups, always under the direction of the class teacher. Some personal care responsibilities will be required.
The Benefits of working as a Support Worker in SEN schools
- No weekend or evening work!
- You will work Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.30am-3.30pm
- We can offer full and part time hours - from 3 days a week
- £11.68 per hour, paid weekly
- You get the opportunity to work in some amazing specialist schools in the local area
Requirements as a Support Worker in SEN schools
- You must have at least 6 months experience within either the care or education sector
- We will require an Enhanced DBS check, that must also be registered with the Update Service
- We will require a minimum of two satisfactory employment references, covering the last two years
- You will be required to attend an online registration via Google Meet as part of our registration process
These positions are both full and part time, and we also have fantastic opportunities for qualified Teachers to work within similar schools.