1:1 SEN Tutor - 2 hours per day
Are you an experienced professional looking for an exciting new challenge in an outstanding environment? Or, are you looking to transfer your skills from a different sector to a role in education where you can positively change the lives of young people? Are you passionate, proactive, and professional? If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you today!
We are currently working with Stockton Council who are looking for a 1:1 Tutor to work with students for 2 hours per day on a Monday and Friday.
One of the roles is to work with a Year 4 pupil in Thornaby, the other role is to work with a Year 5 pupil in Hardwick (TS19).
This role will involve:
- Tutoring pupils with challenging behaviour and SEND on a 1:1 basis.
- Build positive relationships with students and staff
- Having a "hands on" approach to supporting children in their learning, with a willingness to interact with young people and develop new skills.
- High levels of enthusiasm, energy and positivity when working with children.
- Working with teachers to ensure children receive the best possible educational experience.
This role requires:
- An Enhanced DBS (ideally on the Update Service but this is not essential as we can process a new one for you)
- An ability to build positive relationships and a rapport with young people
- A resilient and positive nature
- A proactive approach to work
- Experience with SEN is beneficial but not a requirement
- Experience in classrooms supporting students
- An enthusiastic and positive approach to supporting young people in education.
- A genuine passion for helping young people to fulfil their potential and flourish in education.
- A hands-on approach and a willingness to engage with and form positive relationships with the students.
If you think you are well suited to this role, please apply with your CV ASAP! For further details please contact Ben ASAP.
At Humly we keep safeguarding and safer recruitment at the forefront of all of our efforts. All of our roles are subject to stringent checks and procedures. To apply for this role you will need to provide documentation proving you are eligible to work in the UK. You will also need to provide or apply for an enhanced DBS certificate on the Update Service.
- SEN Teacher
We are on a mission to empower every eligible educator with total control in their hands.
Humly is a company made for teachers, by teachers. And that’s where our story begins.
In 2015 our founders, Kristoffer Persson and Gustav Bild-Tofftin, were university students supplementing their incomes as supply educators. Along the way, they realised the business of supply education was backward. It didn't value the most important part of it – educators.
And so they built a better way. They built a revolutionary digital marketplace that empowers educators with full-career control while also simplifying and improving how schools and nurseries connect with the best educators.
Today, Humly is the market leader in Sweden and a dynamic, growing force within the UK.
Tomorrow? Who knows.
We're still just getting started.
1:1 SEN Tutor - 2 hours per day
Loading application form
Already working at Humly?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.