Healthcare Assistant / Support Worker in SEN schools
Salary: £11.33 per hour
Job title: Healthcare Assistant / Support Worker in SEN schools
Hours: Full and part time hours available, Monday to Friday
Location: Waterlooville, Hampshire
Contract: Ongoing supply opportunities (potentially leading to a permanent contract)
Start Date: Immediately
- Are you an enthusiastic Teaching Assistant or Learning Support Assistant and keen to work in schools with children with Special Educational Needs?
- Do you have experience working within the care sector, supporting individuals with learning difficulties and medical needs?
- Would you like to work Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.30am-3.30pm - NO WEEKENDS AND EVENINGS?
If the answer is YES to any of these questions, Humly would love to help!
We are currently recruiting individuals who have a passion to work with young people between the ages of 2-19 years who have a variety of moderate, severe and complex learning needs. Your care experience will enable you to understand their requirements, and help you to support them in a fun and nurturing school environment.
Some of the specialist skills required include: Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Autism (ASD), Asperger syndrome, and/or Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties (BESD).
You will work as part of a very close team to help to support pupils on a 1-2-1 basis or sometimes in small groups, always under the direction of the class teacher. Some personal care responsibilities will be required.
The Benefits of working as a Healthcare Assistant / Support Worker in SEN schools
- No weekend or evening work!
- You will work Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.30am-3.30pm
- We can offer full and part time hours - from 3 days a week
- £11.33 per hour, paid weekly
- You get the opportunity to work in some amazing specialist schools in the local area
Requirements as a Healthcare Assistant / Support Worker in SEN schools
- You must have at least 6 months experience within either the care or education sector
- We will require an Enhanced DBS check, that must also be registered with the Update Service
- We will require a minimum of two satisfactory employment references, covering the last two years
- You will be required to attend an online registration via Google Meet as part of our registration process
These positions are both full and part time, and we also have fantastic opportunities for qualified Teachers to work within similar schools.
- SEN Learning Support Assistant
- Hourly salary
- Start Date
We are on a mission to empower every eligible educator with total control in their hands.
Humly is a company made for teachers, by teachers. And that’s where our story begins.
In 2015 our founders, Kristoffer Persson and Gustav Bild-Tofftin, were university students supplementing their incomes as supply educators. Along the way, they realised the business of supply education was backward. It didn't value the most important part of it – educators.
And so they built a better way. They built a revolutionary digital marketplace that empowers educators with full-career control while also simplifying and improving how schools and nurseries connect with the best educators.
Today, Humly is the market leader in Sweden and a dynamic, growing force within the UK.
Tomorrow? Who knows.
We're still just getting started.
Already working at Humly?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.