Learning Support Assistant (SEN)
Salary: £11.33 per hour
Job title: Learning Support Assistant (SEN)
Hours: Full and part time hours available, Monday to Friday
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Contract: Ongoing supply, potentially Temp to Perm
Start Date: January 2023
Humly, previously Simply Supply, are currently recruiting passionate and enthusiastic SEN Learning Support Assistants to work in a specialist school for young people aged 11-19 years with a variety of complex learning needs, including autism, in the Southampton area.
We are looking for people who have an understanding of complex needs, whether this is from an education or care environment and who are willing and able to engage in a variety of activities with the pupils, always ensuring that they receive the highest standard of care in a stimulating and happy learning environment.
You will ideally have previous experience of working with individuals who can present challenging behaviors, possibly from working in care, and be confident in knowing ways to de-escalate situations, with minimal disruption.
The Benefits of working as an SEN Learning Support Assistant:
- We offer good rates of pay £11.33/hour, paid weekly
- Complete control over the days that you wish to work
- A highly experienced and dedicated SEN Consultant to support your job search
- Manage your own diary online
- Free Access to over 65 online training courses
- An industry leading online portal and app
Requirements of working as an SEN Learning Support Assistant:
- at least 6 months experience of working in either an education, childcare or care setting
- you will ideally have classroom-based experience, although this is not essential, but you must be confident supporting individuals with specialist needs
- empathy towards neurodiversity and students with various levels of physical ability
- enthusiastic and organised individuals with excellent communication skills and a good level of education
- SEN Learning Support Assistant
- Hourly salary
- Start Date
We are on a mission to empower every eligible educator with total control in their hands.
Humly is a company made for teachers, by teachers. And that’s where our story begins.
In 2015 our founders, Kristoffer Persson and Gustav Bild-Tofftin, were university students supplementing their incomes as supply educators. Along the way, they realised the business of supply education was backward. It didn't value the most important part of it – educators.
And so they built a better way. They built a revolutionary digital marketplace that empowers educators with full-career control while also simplifying and improving how schools and nurseries connect with the best educators.
Today, Humly is the market leader in Sweden and a dynamic, growing force within the UK.
Tomorrow? Who knows.
We're still just getting started.
Already working at Humly?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.