Do you want to be a part of an exciting journey and join us for the coming years ahead?
We are on a journey to make supply teaching accessible through our digital platform, connecting flexible educators with school opportunities.
We are now looking for an experienced Business Manager to lead, drive and develop our business within 4 areas of responsibility; Internal HR, Safeguarding lead, Training, Compliance.
The role as Business Manager is an important function within the Humly Group, and there are high expectations for the role. The role involves driving change, supporting and setting new routines, policies, training and making sure we are on top of corporate compliance and has the ultimate accountability for safeguarding policies, routines and internal training.
It is important that our Business Manager understands Humly’s mission and in every task and area of responsibility strives towards moving the business away from a traditional staffing agency to become a digital marketplace and to be a highly competitive and efficient company.
The role will have four main areas of responsibility:
1) Internal HR
- Assist employees and managers in resolving issues and grievances.
- Actively involved in writing job ads, prescreening and interviewing new employees.
- New-hire onboarding program that prepares teammates to do their best work at Humly.
- Help out with payroll/HR systems if needed.
2) Safeguarding lead
- Implement and maintain safeguarding procedures and policies, as well as be alert to safeguarding issues on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensuring that all staff are fully trained in safeguarding and know how to spot and raise concerns.
- Ensure that adequate reporting and recording systems are in place for safeguarding procedures and complaints.
- Analyse complaints and safeguarding issues, report at least every quarter, drive and lead processes how to improve our quality.
3) Training and development
- Work closely with all teams to identify the need of training and then develop a plan on how to implement it.
- Lead the content development in Humly’s Learning Management System to set up the best onboarding experience for all new candidates.
- Create, lead, and expand our Training Program both to candidates and internal staff.
4) Corporate Compliance
- Oversee new and existing regulations to ensure that Humly is in compliance with established standards, regulations, external audits (REC) and audits from clients.
- Assist in answering audits and tenders, drafting playbooks, policies, procedures, and enablement materials.
- Take the lead on external audits, procurements and client audits, making sure we are on top of compliance.
- Help develop, implement, document, and manage operational processes to ensure Humly comply with applicable requirements in a highly regulated market.
- Develop and execute an informed and effective communication and training plan to educate all internal staff on compliance processes, compliance requirements, including drafting and development of communication and training materials.
As Business Manager at Humly the following KPIs are central to your work:
- Candidate satisfaction onboarding experience
- Quality; % bookings with complaints
- Turnaround time complaints and safeguarding issues
- 5+ years of recruiting/HR/Safeguarding experience.
- Displays clear ability to engage and motivate others.
- The ability to work under deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong results and process improvement orientation with a sense of urgency to achieve goals and results.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment
We have offices in Birmingham, Fareham, Milton Keynes, NewCastle and Manchester. Due to an intense acquisition strategy, the number of locations can potentially be even more in the near future.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
- Private Healthcare
- Up to 30 days holiday per year
Humly is a company whose goal is to match the recruitment needs of our client schools and nurseries with supply teachers and childcare professionals. We do this through our digital marketplace, where so far more than 4,000 candidates and 5,000 clients are connected. Humly has been a market leader in Sweden since 2015, and our journey in the UK education and childcare sector has been successfully developing since 2020, through three acquisitions we have given ourselves, our employees, and customers the best conditions to be a highly competitive organisation.